Tuesday, April 19, 2016

CASology #194: MOM

Hello, friends!  It's time for a new CASology cue!  Are you ready? Let's celebrate those wonderful ladies we call MOM!



For my card, I used a wonderful stamp by our sponsor this week, the very generous STAMPlorations.  I used MOM Subway Art Builders #3 "Quiet Strength."  It is one of a series of subway art stamps for moms and I loved the various descriptors...they fit my mom perfectly!  This card is going to her, for sure.

While you could cut this stamp up to separate each phrase, I just masked repeatedly with a post-it and it worked fine!

For the frame, I did some inlaid die cutting, replacing one layer of the "frame" with a floral patterned paper instead of cream card stock.  While it may look multi-layered, my card is actually only one later on top of the card base, so it is very flat and easy for mailing.


I'm also linking my card up to the April CAS Card Challenge at the STAMPlorations Blog where the theme is "Anything Goes" and green is the color twist; I used some floral paper with lots of greens!



What comes to mind when you hear MOM?  I can't wait to see your cards!  Be sure to link them up by noon on Monday (Central time). Be sure to check out the Design Team and Guest Designer blogs, too!

Guest Designer:  Elizabeth

Our Sponsor This Week:  STAMPlorations

Thanks for visiting,
Judy

15 comments:

  1. Love how you incorporated so many colors, and the patterned paper mat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is warm, cozy and perfect for a Mother's Day card Judy! I love the sweet floral paper you added to your inlaid layer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card Judy. I couldn't figure out how you did the different colors on the stamp. Masking, cool. I thought you may have used the Misti.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What comes to mind? A darling hand-made dress in a fabric much like the patterned paper you've used here, Judy! LOve this darling card, and to have your Mom still, a gift! And I know you appreciate her so much. xx
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Judy! Your mom is going to just love this!!! I know I'd bawl my head off if one of my kids sent this for Mother's Day. This is just beautiful. The pretty floral paper really emphasizes that wonderful sentiment. This is just delightful and I love it!! Have a great week. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you colored that sentiment, so beautiful, and wonderful with the patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. clever to use post it to make your sentiment colorful Judy
    yaay
    Love that DP too so romantic and make your card elegant
    I just join again this time MOM challenge
    hope to see you at my Card post :)
    always thrilled get your visit Judy
    ooppss you are also Aries Girl right when was your bday
    I am so sorry I pass it ooh ooh
    Please mail me your addy and your birthday again Judy
    I will write now in our bday calendar in the kitchen :)
    hugs
    Monika

    ReplyDelete
  8. forget to tell your CAS design always beautiful and clever Judy...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fun colours of the sentiment and the gorgeous flower paper frame!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Judy, I LOVE that replaced, patterned paper frame, highlighting the colours used in the sentiment! Such a lovely idea to give each sentiment its own colour. A very, very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty, Judy! I love the tiny floral print as a frame! Makes me think of a comforting quilt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card, Judy! I love how you framed out your sentiment, and your floral papers are so lovely! So clever to stamp each line in different colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Judy!! Your card is worth framing. When I look at it, I feel like it belongs on a wall. So pretty and so fitting for a mom. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this ..... that sentiment says it all! Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations challenge xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy