Tuesday, June 6, 2017

CASology #252: INSECT

Hello, friends!  I'm here today with a card for the new cue at CASology.



So, before I made my card I decided to look up the word "insect" to make sure I had the right stamps in mind.  Here is the definition I found:

*******************************************************************************************************

insectnounAny of numerous arthropod animals of the class Insecta, having an adult stage characterized by three pairs of legs and a body segmented into head, thorax, and abdomen and usually having one or two pairs of wings. Insects include the flies, crickets, mosquitoes, beetles, butterflies, and bees.

*******************************************************************************************************

I had a butterfly in mind, but I wanted to make sure it was an insect before I started my card!


As luck would have it, I went shopping with my daughter last weekend and there was a really pretty tag on a pair of shorts she bought.  I kept it so I could use it for my inspiration!

Supplies:
Stamps: Hero Arts (Good Friends, Traditional Butterfly)
Inks: MFT (Black Licorice); Distress Inks (Peacock Feathers, Worn Lipstick)
Other: clear acrylic block; water spritzer; white gel pen



I'm also entering this card into the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is "Anything Goes."


I can't wait to see how you interpret the INSECT cue card this week!  Be sure to link up your card by noon on Monday (Central time). You will also be inspired by the many ways our Design Team and Guest Designer interpreted the cue this week...be sure to check out their blogs, too!

Guest Designer: Anna

Thanks for visiting,
Judy

5 comments:

  1. Cool!! That tag was the perfect inspiration for this pretty tag. LOVE that watercolory panel you've created behind your gorgeous butterfly. CASimply beautiful. Have a great week. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that a tag inspired you for your card!! The colors are fantastic and I adore the design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous inspiration for your PRETTY card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is interesting where one finds inspiration. Nice card Judy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you used your daughter's clothing tag for inspiration, and that you looked up the definition before you created your card, Judy! Beautiful watercoloring and your butterfly is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment...I do appreciate it!
Judy